Sponsorships for 11th Anniversary
Genesis Project, a Family and Behavioral Health Agency is celebrating 11 years of business in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- We opened our doors in May of 2007 with only 4 staff members and nearly one hundred Consumers. Within 90 days of, we had rapidly grown to 21 staff members and 300 clients.
- Has serviced and touched the lives of over 10,000 Consumers
- Obtain National Accreditation within 2 years of opening. by the Council on Quality Leadership (COL), the highest accrediting entity. They identified that Genesis is a giving and generous agency, hosting programs for thousands of local individuals and families without compensation and providing clinical services to all in need with a great number being uninsured.
- Genesis has offered a variety of enhanced programs to add to the counseling services of the agency:
- GLASS, Girls Learning About Self-Esteem and Self-Worth,
- Pegasus Equestrian therapy program,
- Prodigal Sons – males group in the community and the county jail
- McClintock Family night and many others.
- Six years ago, Genesis Project was awarded a 3 year federal grant to launch T.O.U.C.H.E.D., Tackling Obesity Using Challenges Hobbies Education and Diet. A staff of 6 fitness and nutrition professionals and was targeted at inner city charter and after schools youth to get them moving. – established several gardens in the communities providing fresh vegetables for the families. – – — success gave Genesis another link to health & wellness for Consumers that continue today.
- 2014, Genesis expanded its operation by opening an additional office in Gaston county and began to serve the greater Gastonia, Lincolnton, and Cleveland communities.
- Through two extremely trying years, Genesis Management Team continues to keep the doors open, phones answered, and Consumers supported.
- 2017, we are launching a new transitional and emergency housing program for individuals experiencing mental health and addictions crisis. Our plan is to model – the structure of the housing program after the Oxford Homes but offer additional supports and services to assist participants in reaching their goals and establishing independence. – the housing program Genesis also seeks to partner with area restaurants, churches, and community organizations to provide a daily meal, mentorship, a clothes closet, and family enrichment.
- Genesis Project has facilitated a partnership with First Care Medical Clinics to provide integrated medical services in Charlotte, Gastonia, Monroe, Salisbury, Albemarle, and Rock Hill.